As a kid, I hated bananas. I’m not sure why, but this healthy yellow fruit could never make it in my mouth without a fight. Perhaps it was the occasional bruises that adorned it, its shape, or the fact that it has an awkward taste (in my opinion). The older I became, the more I learned to set aside my dislike for bananas in order to enjoy its benefits. To make it easier on my palate, I came up with a very fun and delicious banana split recipe. It’s filled with fruit, yogurt and honey. A healthy breakfast that is sure to be a winner with adults and kids alike.
- Prep time: 2 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 banana split
What you’ll need
- 1 cup of yogurt of your choice (I usually go with Activia or Greek)
- A handful of strawberries
- A small handful of raspberries (you can substitute for blueberries)
- 1/2 cup of nuts (of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (for sweetness)
1. Start by washing, and prepping the berries. Cut the strawberries into thin slices.
2. Mix the yogurt, honey, and nuts together until evenly blended.
3. Slice the banana in half, as pictured, and decorate. Start with yogurt, then top off with the berries.